BC businesses have been hit hard as a result of the extreme and draconian Covid-19 lockdown measures. Large Corporations are being favoured over small business and the provincial “requirements” are putting business owners at risk of closure and potential civil litigation.
By enforcing masks, social distancing, and hand sanitizers the Constitution and Charter of Rights and Freedoms are being violated. Employees and the public have the right to breathe unimpeded, to move freely, and to be assured personal privacy, safety, and security of the person.
In response, Action4Canada is launching a “Boots on the Ground” campaign to:
- Raise funds to proceed with legal action against the BC Government
- Support business owners as they navigate their way through these very challenging times
Therefore, we need your help! If you are interested in volunteering to help with our fundraising efforts by visiting businesses in your community, please email us at [email protected]. Make sure to include “Business Campaign” in the subject field. An Action4Canada team member will contact you to discuss and provide you with a package which includes:
- A “Frequently Asked Question” sheet to assist you when speaking with businesses
- A “Code of Conduct” to guide you as a representative of Action4Canada
- Additional helpful information as needed
- An informative letter explaining why the court action is necessary
- An informational postcard
- A “Masking Poster” to be displayed by business owners
The extreme measures have placed the burden on businesses to implement policies that violate the guaranteed Charter rights of Canadians. Business owners who mandate masks and refuse service to customers could find themselves involved in a costly human rights complaint wherein plaintiffs can be awarded up to $35,000.00. It is critical that business owners be informed of their rights as well as their duty to uphold the Charter rights of their employees and customers.
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to hearing from you.