Running for local office
- Determine if you’re eligible to run
- Be aware of special requirements if you work for a local government
- Review the rules on campaigning and campaign financing
- Review the Candidates Guide for key information
- Review the provisions related to Candidates in sections 29 to 39 of the Municipal Elections Act
- Review the provisions related to Fundraising and Campaign Expense in sections 88.8 to 88.21 of the Municipal Elections Act
The deadline to file a nomination to be a council or school trustee candidate is Friday, August 19, 2022 at 2 p.m.
Download the nomination package and become a candidate for the October 24, 2022 municipal election in your municipality.
Here are the 444 municipalities in Ontario.
Running for provincial office
- Determine if you meet the basic eligibility requirements to run
- Review the filing guidelines for candidates
- View the electoral district maps and find your electoral district