Running for local office
- Determine if you’re eligible to run
- Be aware of special requirements if you work or volunteer for a local government (municipality, regional district)
- Prepare to meet the requirements for nominations
- Review the general rules on campaign finance on campaign financing and the Campaign Finance Manual
- Review the Candidates Guide for key information
- Complete the Candidate Nomination and other relevant forms
- Fill out a Registration Form available from the municipality’s Senior Election Official. List of the 137 municipalities (see page 27)
- Review other resources available for school trustee candidates
The next general municipal and school board election is Wednesday, October 26, 2022.
The deadline to file a nomination to be a candidate for mayor, reeve, councillor, or school trustee is September 20, 2022.
Running for provincial office