End Sex-Selective Abortion
Please sign e-Petition 3161 to the House of Commons
BEFORE April 10, 2021 at 9:12 AM
The absence of any legal restrictions to abortion in Canada has led to procedures which are contrary to Canada’s foundational values. One of these is eliminating girls in the womb by abortion because the parents prefer a boy. This is unacceptable in a civilized society.
Petition to the House of Commons in Parliament assembled
- Sex-selective abortion is legal, as Canada has no legal restrictions on abortion;
- Sex-selective abortion is antithetical to our commitment to equality between men and women;
- A 2019 DART & Maru/Blue poll, conducted for the National Post, showed that 84% of Canadians believe it should be illegal to have an abortion if the family does not want the child to be a certain sex;
- International organizations including the World Health Organization, United Nations Women, and United Nations Children’s Fund have identified unequal sex ratios at birth as a growing problem internationally; and
- Canada’s health care profession recognizes sex selection as a problem.
We, the undersigned, Citizens of Canada, call upon the House of Commons in Parliament assembled to pass a Criminal Code prohibition of sex-selective abortion.
Please sign the E-Petition calling upon the House of Commons in Parliament assembled to pass a Criminal Code prohibition of sex-selective abortion. Sign Here
Notice... You will receive an email to validate your identity. You must click the link provided in order to complete the signature process.
Thank you and God Bless Canada!
The Team @